With your help, we’re launching the Women’s Audio Bible Project. This first-of-its-kind Bible read by diverse group of women. We have the potential to reach millions of women who are seeking help and hope.
Why a Courage for Life Woman’s Audio Bible?
Extensive research and clinical experience have proven, “the best way to help at_risk women and girls heal from substance abuse, trauma, and mental health issues, is to use gender-specific programs.”1
“Because females tend to be the more nurturing gender by nature, their voices are often perceived as a helper, more compassionate, understanding, and non-threatening.”2
At risk groups of women are on the rise. Women in jail are the fastest growing correctional population in the country.3 Domestic violence is the leading cause of homelessness among women and children.4 And women of all ages and backgrounds are seeking hope and help from various agencies and shelters throughout our nation.
That is why we, at In Grace Ministries, are excited to announce the launch of our Courage for Life Women’s Audio Bible Project!
Over the next twelve months, we are preparing to produce this one-of-a-kind Bible specifically created to meet the needs of women and girls who are struggling to overcome abuse, trauma, and mental health issues.The audio Bible will be a Bible that women from all walks of life will find beneficial and enjoyable to listen to, but we believe it will be a source of encouragement and comfort for the many women who are struggling.
Our Audio Bible Will Be:
- offered free of charge
- easy to understand (read from a modern, plain language translation), and
- will include testimonies of courage from our contributing readers
THANK YOUfor helping women experience hopethat inspires them towards a life of courage!
1. Article by SAMSHA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), ADDRESSING THE NEEDS OF WOMEN AND GIRLS: Developing Core Competencies for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Professionals, https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA11-4657/SMA11-4657.pdf, accessed 6-21-17.
2. Article by Business 2 Community, Published November 22, 2016, Male or Female Voice-Over: Why This Matters in Explainer Videos, http://www.business2community.com/video-marketing/male-female-voice-matters-explainer-videos-01712050#iVLzsqhyeLxPDZsK.99, accessed, 6-21-17.
3. Article by The Vera Institute of Justice and The Safety and Justice Challenge, Published August 17, 2016,http://www.safetyandjusticechallenge.org/resource/overlooked-women-jails-era-reform/, accessed 6-21-2017.
4. Article, Domestic Violence, and Homelessness: Statistics (2016), Published: June 24, 2016, http://www.acf.hhs.gov/fysb/resource/dv-homelessness-stats-2016, accessed 6-21-17